Troubleshooting Support for Avast Antivirus– Avast Antivirus is amazing antivirus software that offers all-round security to your device from several threats such as viruses, malware, spyware, phishing, cyber threats, etc. It provides complete internet security to all your devices be it mobile or PC or laptop, tablets, etc. But you may face technical issues while running this antivirus, for which you need Troubleshooting Support for Avast Antivirus.
In this blog, we’ve listed the various error you might face while running Avast Antivirus and the possible Troubleshooting steps to solve Avast Antivirus issues. Go through this article carefully and run your Avast Antivirus smoothly without any errors. The solutions listed below will equip you with every possible method to solve the Avast Antivirus errors yourself.
Some of the common Avast Antivirus issues can be solved by performing simple troubleshooting steps. These are easy to follow and provide an effective solution to the errors.
These are listed below:
- Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Avast Antivirus software
- Run Repair for Avast Antivirus.
- Removing the obsolete files of Avast Antivirus
- Downloading latest updated files for Avast Antivirus
Repair Avast Antivirus
Repairing the Avast Antivirus can solve the maximum of the error faced while running Avast Antivirus software. It is an easy procedure to follow to solve various errors.
- Click the Windows Start button and open Control Panel.
- From there click on uninstall a program, visible under programs.
- Find Avast Antivirus from the list of programs shown and right-click on same.
- Select Uninstall from the menu that appears.
- Grant permission by pressing Yes on the User Account Control dialog box.
- Now the Avast Setup wizard appears, click on Repair from the list on the right side of the screen.
- Click Yes to authorize the repair
Wait for the setup to perform the repair. After it’s done, restart your PC to find the error to be resolved.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Avast Antivirus Software
Troubleshooting Avast Antivirus can sometimes be really easy with the help of these easy to perform steps which can solve a variety of issues with just a few steps.
Uninstall Avast Antivirus Software
- Click on the Windows Start button and open Control Panel
- Click on Programs & Features under the Programs section
- Find Avast Antivirus in the list of programs and right-click on it to select uninstall.
- Follow the instruction on the screen and proceed to set up Wizard.
- Click on uninstall from the list of options visible on the screen and proceed with that.
- Click on Yes to authorize the uninstallation of Avast Antivirus.
Installing Avast Antivirus
- Download the Avast Free Antivirus setup file online.
- Once the file is downloaded it will be visible at the bottom of the browser screen, right-click on the file to select Run as Administrator.
- Click on yes to grant permission to the User Account Control dialog box
- Click on install to proceed with the default installation 0f Avast or you can click on Customise if you wish to make changes to the installation process
- Wait for the software to complete the setup process.
- Once it’s done click on Continue and press Run First Scan to initiate with the features of Avast Free Antivirus.
Troubleshooting when Windows does not detect Avast Antivirus installation
Sometimes your computer can show an error that there is no Antivirus installed on your device although you have Avast Antivirus installed on your device. The Action Centre in Windows may constantly display an error saying that Windows could not find an antivirus program. In such cases, you have to make sure that Avast Antivirus is turned on and is running properly. Follow the steps mentioned below to run Avast Antivirus correctly.
Before you proceed with these steps make sure that you have successfully installed Avast Antivirus on your PC and it is fully updated to its latest version and that you have a valid subscription to Avast Antivirus. After confirming these, follow the steps mentioned below to scan and repair WMI Repository:
WMI Repository stores meta information and definitions for WMI classes. This may get corrupted and thus needs to be repaired. If this is the case, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Run Windows as Administrators and make sure that no other program is running when performing this.
- Click on the Windows Start button and then press on All Programs and find Accessories
- Click on Accessories and Right-click on Command Prompt from the list that opens.
- Choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click Yes on the User Account Control Window.
- Now the Command Prompt will open, type winmgmt /verifyrepository and press enter. This will run a check for consistency of WMI Repository.
- After this, you will either see WMI repository is consistent or WMI repository is inconsistent. You don’t have to do anything if it is consistent but if it is inconsistent, then you’ll have to run another command in the current window. Type winmgmt /salvagerepository in the command prompt and press enter.
- After running this command you will receive WMI repository is consistent.
Now restart your PC to see if the error is removed. While performing this solution you might face an error, so in that case, repeat the entire process from scratch. This will help you successfully run this solution.
Troubleshooting activation issues in Avast products
Users may encounter an error while activating the Avast Antivirus with the subscription they just bought for Avast Antivirus. In case you are also not able to activate your account with the subscription you possess then follow the steps listed here.
- Make sure that the subscription is valid and is linked to your Avast Antivirus account.
- To ensure this you’ll have to sign in to your Avast Account and go to the subscriptions segment to find your subscription listed in the My Subscriptions part.
- If this is not the case then you will have to manually link your subscription to your Avast Account. For this, you need to ensure that you used the same email id while purchasing the Avast Antivirus subscription and while logging in to the Avast Account. This will automatically list the Avast subscription to your Avast Account.
Steps to Activate Avast Antivirus using Activation Code:
- Locate the activation code from the order confirmation mail received on the email you provided during purchase.
- Sign in to your Avast Account registered on the same email.
- Click on Menu and select Enter Activation Code.
- Type the Activation Code and click Enter.
This will activate the subscription you bought for the Avast Antivirus.
Follow these solutions to run troubleshoot Avast Antivirus Software and run Avast Antivirus without any issues. This will help protect your computer from all external as well as internal threats.