How to Fix Slow PC Performance After Installing McAfee Antivirus – Believe us when we say that slow PC operations or performance is not the situation to be in. It is the worst nightmare for any tech geek to see their system getting slow due to any other application. McAfee is a world-class brand that provides useful antivirus programs for complete device protection. But recently users have reported issues with this application as they notice their system becoming slow after McAfee antivirus installation. If your PC recently become slow after the installation of antivirus and you wanted to know How to Fix Slow PC Performance After Installing McAfee Antivirus, then you can refer to this write-up.
With the changing time, the importance of keeping the PC, laptop, or desktops have also become crucial. Like we need to safeguard ourselves from the Covid-19 virus by putting on masks, similarly, we need to keep our system protected by having antivirus like McAfee installed in them. Having an antivirus installed especially like McAfee will safeguard your private data including your passwords and important files. But at times this antivirus program can drastically make your PC slow. If you can relate to this situation and wanted to know the Steps for How to Fix Slow PC Performance after Installing McAfee Antivirus, then you have finally landed on the perfect path.
Facing technical issues? Wanted a firm and accurate resolution to fix the same? Then, what are you waiting for? Dial +1-850-299-4025 or write us an email at email@example.com to get in touch with our experts.
Why PC is Performing Slow After Installing McAfee Antivirus?
Device becoming slow is one of the most common issues that users face with McAfee Antivirus. This issue is not new to the tech fraternity. There could be many reasons behind this technical glitch. Before moving on to the Steps for How to Fix Slow PC Performance after Installing McAfee Antivirus, let us first have a look at Why MacAfee is impacting your system performance and making it slow:
- There are so many junk files.
- You don’t have enough disk space available.
- Auto-scan is enabled.
- You have not rebooted your system for a long time.
- Your operating system is outdated.
- You have installed a corrupted McAfee version.
Easy Steps to Fix Slow PC Performance after Installing McAfee Antivirus
Antivirus plays a key role in keeping the device safe and its data secure. Therefore, it is important to fix the issues related to this particular application. To take you out of this irritating situation and to help you out, here in this section of the blog, we will tell you the exact steps that you have to perform to fix this technical malfunction on your own. So, here’s How to Fix Slow PC Performance After Installing McAfee Antivirus:
Reinstall McAfee Antivirus
The basic thing to try in order to fix this issue is by reinstalling the McAfee Antivirus. All you have to do it uninstall the already installed antivirus and reinstall the new one. Here’s How to Fix Slow PC Performance After Installing McAfee Antivirus through this method:
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- Choose the Programs Option > Programs & Features.
- Select McAfee and press the Uninstall button.
- Follow all the instructions to uninstall McAfee from your system.
Reinstall McAfee Antivirus through the following steps:
- Before starting the reinstallation process, make sure to delete the pre-existing files of McAfee Antivirus.
- Now Open the Web Browser and Navigate to the McAfee Website.
- Go to the search section and search for the compatible and latest version of McAfee Antivirus.
- Press Enter.
- From the list of results, choose the most appropriate one.
- Click on Download to download the same.
- Double click on the downloaded file and install the application.
Disable Auto Scan
One of the key reasons behind this issue is that you have auto-scan enabled. The auto-scan feature permits the antivirus program to scan your device and eradicate malware in the backend when you are performing other tasks. It puts high pressure on the device’s memory and halts the PC performance. So, the answer to the question How to Fix Slow PC Performance After Installing McAfee Antivirus is by disabling auto scan. Here are the steps to accomplish this task:
- Launch McAfee Antivirus.
- Navigate to Settings > auto-check > Turn it off.
Use this feature only if you figure out uncommon or unwanted websites. You can also schedule an auto-scan as well.
Prevent McAfee Antivirus from Using System Resources
Restricting the McAfee Antivirus from using system resources is the best answer to the question How to Fix Slow PC Performance After Installing McAfee Antivirus. Down below are the steps to accomplish this job:
- Start the process by pressing the Windows + R key.
- This will open the Run Command box.
- Now type “msconfig”.
- Got to the Startup tab and uncheck all the boxes that are related to McAfee manufacturer.
Get Reliable Technical Support Against All Your Issues From The Experts
These were some of the tips on How to Fix Slow PC Performance After Installing McAfee Antivirus. If you are facing a technical issue and wanted a quick and accurate resolution, then get in touch with our experts. Dial 1-850-299-4025, or alternatively send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.