How to Fix Norton Antivirus Crashing and Not Responding – System protection and maintenance are important. And if you are running your system without any antivirus, then you are inviting problems for yourself. Norton is among the most reliable and best brands out there in the market that provide antivirus programs for both operating systems. But one of the most common issues faced by Norton users is the application crashing and not working properly. If you are going through the same situation and wanted to know How to Fix Norton Antivirus Crashing and Not Responding, then we will surely help you.
A system without any antivirus program is an easy target for viruses or malware. Norton does a great job when it comes to saving your private files and device security. But even the best programs face technical glitches. Nothing is perfect in this world and it is quite common to face some sort of technical malfunction with an antivirus program. Through this write-up, we will learn How to Fix Norton Antivirus Crashing and Not Responding.
Contact the Norton experts and get rid of your technical issues within a matter of seconds. Call at +1-850-299-4025 or write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons Why Norton Antivirus Crashing and Not Responding Issue
You will be definitely provided with the resolution for which you have reached here. But, before we move on to How to Fix Norton Antivirus Crashing and Not Responding, let us first understand why this problem occurs.
Antivirus program crashing and not responding is one of the common technical malfunction. These types of issues are not new to the antivirus and application community. There are few reasons behind this issue. Such as:
- Corrupted files.
- Outdated version.
- Issues with Windows files.
How to Fix Norton Antivirus Crashing and Not Responding
Although it is a pretty frustrating issue, it can still be fixed by doing simple troubleshooting. To help you out, down below we have listed some easy solutions to fix this issue and get your Norton Antivirus back up & running. Here are the steps to wipe out this issue:
Solution 1: Fix Norton Antivirus Corrupted Files
The very first task is to repair the corrupted files of Norton Files. Maybe there are few files of the Norton Antivirus that might have got corrupted due to many reasons. These corrupted files can halt the program performance and lead to application crashes and non-responding issues. Therefore, fixing the corrupted files of Norton Antivirus is preferred. Here’s How to Fix Norton Antivirus Crashing and Not Responding by fixing corrupted files:
- Start by Downloading and Installing the Norton Fix.
- Download the file and save it on the desktop of your system.
- Run the application and allow all permissions.
- Accept agreement terms and start the process.
- Once done, restart the system.
- Check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Solution 2: Update Norton Antivirus
An outdated or older version of the application can halt its performance and results in app crashes and non-respondent issues. Therefore, in such a scenario, you have to update the antivirus. Here’s How to Fix Norton Antivirus Crashing and Not Responding by updating the program:
- Begin by opening the Norton Antivirus.
- Log in to Norton Account.
- Check your subscription and make sure it is not expired.
- Now check for program updates by navigating to settings.
- Update the program (if available).
- Alternatively, you can visit the official Norton website > move to update section > check for the latest and compatible update > download the update.
- Restart the system.
Solution 3: Uninstall and Reinstall Norton Antivirus
As a last resort, you have to go through the installation and reinstallation process. This involves uninstalling the application and later downloading it back again. Here’s How to Fix Norton Antivirus Crashing and Not Responding by this method:
Uninstall Norton Antivirus through these steps:
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- Select Programs and click on Programs & Applications.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- Choose Norton Antivirus.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Restart the system
Reinstall Norton Antivirus through these steps:
- Open Web Browser.
- Navigate to Norton Official Website.
- Choose your Operating System.
- Go to Download Section.
- Download the latest and compatible Antivirus version.
- Follow all the instructions to download the same.
- Double click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Agree to all terms of agreement and allow all permissions.
Get Best Technical Assistance from Norton Experts
This was all about How to Fix Norton Antivirus Crashing and Not Responding issue. We expect that you learned something from this write-up and now you can fix your issue with ease. If you are willing to experience the best technical support online, then do try us. We have the best team of experts that are well versed with all Norton Antivirus technical malfunctions. Call us at 1-850-299-4025 to talk to our Norton experts or alternatively write us an email at email@example.com to get in touch with us.